Portuguese Verb acabar Conjugation
*Verbs are shown as radical + verb pattern or irregular verb. For example, the infinitive falar conjugation is shown as 'fal' + 'ar'. The irregular first person singular preterite of ter conjugation is shown as tive.
-AR conjugation hints:
- All second persons end in 's' except for the imperative and preterite indicative singular
- All singulars for first and second persons end in a vowel except for the future and personal infinitive
- All first person plurals end in '-mos'
- All third person plurals end in 'm' except for future indicative
- The future subjunctive and personal infinitive are the same
- The future and pluperfect indicatives are the same except the stress syllable on the pluperfect is before the future and the first person singular and the third person plural suffixes are different
- It is important to remember that all the subjunctive tenses are 'subject' unto the indicative tenses for creating the radical part of the verb. The radical for the present subjunctive is formed by dropping the final 'o' of the present indicative first person singular. The radicals for both the preterite and future subjunctives are formed by dropping the '-ram' from the preterite indicative third preson plural.
- Considering the -ar and either the -er or -ir suffixes as opposite conjugations, the indicative and subjunctive present tenses are almost opposites. The radical of the present subjective is formed by dropping the final 'o' from the present indicative first person singular. The verb conjugation is formed as the opposite present indicative verb conjugation except the first person singular is the same as the third person singular.