Portuguese Verb entender Conjugation
*Verbs are shown as radical + verb pattern or irregular verb. For example, the infinitive falar conjugation is shown as 'fal' + 'ar'. The irregular first person singular preterite of ter conjugation is shown as tive.
The -er conjugation is similar to the -ar conjugation with the following exceptions:
- The first 'a's in the changing parts of the verbs are replaced with 'e's.
- The past imperfect 'av's are replaced with 'i's.
- The preterite indicative 1st person singular 'ei' is replaced with 'i' and the 3rd person singular final 'o' is replaced with an 'e'.
- The present subjunctive follows the general rule in which the base of the word is determined by the present indicative 1st person singular and dropping the final 'o'. In comparison to the -ar conjugation, the final 'e's are then replaced with 'a's.
- When an 'á' is replaced by an e the accent changes to an 'ê'.
- The preterite indicative 1st person plural's accent is dropped.